Friday, November 23, 2007

3D Tutorials for Maya Beginners

As a Maya beginner I have been searching for tutorials on the several parts of making a 3D model for videogames. Lowpoly and highpoly, I have been reading about it all in order to have an idea of the whole process from sketch to game engine.

I recently formatted my PC and lost my bookmarks, but these are the best tutorials I have found so far:

3D Modeler's Network
Texturing by 3D Total
Maya UV mapping
UV 101 (highend 3D)
UV 101 continues
Continuity(NURBS Oriented but you'll understand why it's important)
Making models for Quake
Making a model for UT2004


As you can see from the list I am having a bit of trouble with the UVs and the best help I had so far were these videos from Youtube. You really can find everything there.

Video 1
Video 2

No comments: