Friday, February 8, 2008

1up


Isn't this a nifty surprise.

I came to London to get a course about 3D for Games that was separated in two parts, the basic learning of Maya (and it goes far beyond the basics in my opinion) and the long awaited Games part. Well, the Games part was postponed for May 12. I don't usually think this but portuguese curse words swarmed to my brain after about thirty seconds of vacuum.

12 weeks of nothing in between courses, 12 expensive weeks if I stay here and a lot of time to wait. 12 weeks in Portugal would make me lose the rythm I have now and I don't want that. They were very correct and talked individually to every student that had paid for the course and they volunteered do refund them for the cost of the course they weren't having, plus £500. I really wanted to take the course so I told them they didn't have to give the money back if I was just going to take the course the next time they would teach it.

I went and talked to the course managers to see if I could get a place in a studio or something, whick is something which I usually don't do but this time I felt like it was worth taking the chance. Seems like I hit the jackpot. I was offered a respectable discount wich allows me to be in the VFX course as well. This changed my life from now on.

Now I have to study and work for two distinct areas but without a doubt I'll have a bigger preparation. It's all happening so fast.

2 comments:

Pinhas said...

you've just got crazily lucky, you... cousin of mine :P como estão as coisas por aí? muito mau tempo? e..outras coisas?? eheh

um abraço!

Raistlin said...

it was INSANE! Por acaso nos últimos dias até tem estado bom tempo, o que é chato porque estou ocupado com o trabalho final do Maya Core.

Quanto a Biffas tenho posto umas fotos mas tenho para cá mais algumas. eheh

Um abraço!