Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Have a toast!


I came across lots of new things in the past two weeks and I do mean A LOT. Camera tracking in three different programs, dynamics, particles, shaders and MEL scripting.

I believe I didn't write about it but in the first day Lee showed us the student showreel from the last course and their work was amazing. In one shot he actually had to point out what was CG in the scene and show us the original footage. Right after that he told us it was best to start our final project as soon as possible. That's right. On day one.

After some random ideas Bhaumik (teaches dynamics) suggested something that led me to a really interesting internet search that brought me to....the classic flying toaster screensaver! My final project will be a VFX shot that has a lot to do with that. Just you wait.

Meanwhile have a toast.

2 comments:

Vlad said...

YEAH! So... having fun, huh? :)

Raistlin said...

I chose this subject because I wanted a fun project and that's exactly what is happening. How can a flock of flying toasters not be fun? :)