Saturday, March 15, 2008

Play.com live

Guess what is happening in Wembley Stadium.

Oh snap it's in the title. Jeez, I always forget that.
Anyway I spent the afternoon there trying out new and a few other games that have already been out for a while. So far this was the biggest videogame expo I have been in but not the most interesting. It was mainly a consumer fair but there were a few nods to future game developers like the almost private Far Cry 2 demonstration I had the chance to see. There was not enough room so I sat on the ground, on the front row.

A few people dressed as mascots reminded me of the summer! There was Mario, Sonic and on a more serious note Darth Vader, Sophitia and a hot girl on a bike, always relevant. Sonic and a kid posed for me and I don't really know why but I took the photo anyway.
Also, booth babes.

There was some cool videogame merchandise such as replicas from Halo weapons and lightsabers and the food was so expensive there. 2£ for a small bottle of water and 4£ for a sandwich? My hunger was suddenly gone.

On a swag point of view it was modest but nice. I got a few pins and cards, the trial for LOTR online, a Stuntman Ignition license plate and keychain, a Conan limited edition mini-comic, Ratattouille keychain, Guitar Hero 3 necklace keychains and Ice Age Extreme Cool Edition DVD (wich I believe is to make us be aware of the fact we don't have the blu-ray version or the huge screen in wich they were showing it there).

Main cool games: LittleBig Planet, The Bourne Conspiracy (I can't believe it either but the game looks really promising), Rock Band.

Main let-down: Star Wars: Force unleashed will only be there tomorrow. Wankers.

No comments: