Sunday, December 2, 2007

Dreams are important


I had heard lots of beautiful stories about dreams and giving everything you can to achieve them. I heard people saying it is really worth it.

Well, it is.

I haven't achieved most of them but the ones I did were worth it. They were the bottom of the ladder in terms of my personal dream list but they gave me the strenght to start climbing it to see where I can go. The dreams you have when you are younger shape you and make you way more receptive for the things you are interested the most.

That means if you're interested in something from an early age you pay attention to that area, perhaps even look for some answers and information about the subject. You have the time to decide if you would like to spend the rest of your life inside that world. You'll likely be better off in an area you are inclined to do than what your parents want you to do. It's not what they thought but when they see you happy with your decision, whatever it may be, they'll be happy too.

If you like several things, make a list. It may actually be worth writing in order of importance because it puts things on a new perspective and can help you later on.

My dreams were mostly impossible in the country where I live but I discarded the ones I liked the least and now even the country is changing and it's starting to meet the conditions I needed to achieve them. Dare to dream.

Good luck!

(Photo by UK street artist Banksy)

1 comment:

Vlad said...

Here I go speaking in a way that will make me feel old, but here goes:

This way to analyse and put things in perspective is exactly what defines a person with an extordinary progression curve.

I've never seen such well articulate way of saying: make decisions, start young.

Congratulations on the wonderful post.