Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Scenemusic


A while ago I wrote a post about videogame music. It was not the only important kind of music in that period of my life. Another important presence and fuel was scenemusic. As it name kind of indicates it is music produced in the Demoscene subculture and it deserves a good listen. As demos, it's free.

Some of these musicians are really good at what they do and even though I don't know them all I leave you the links of my favorite ones.

Podcasts:
Surprise!Podcast This rocks so hard. The best podcast I know.
Hardread Podcast Also good but I haven't explored it much.

Musicians:
Little Bitchard I was a fan of a bunch of demoscene musicians. After looking at a list of this guy's aliases it turns out I am only a big fan of one!
Jeroen Tel Awesome 8bit sounds.

Collections:
Demovibes 80 minute compilations of the best scenemusic ready for burning on CDs. It's really good for people who are out of the scene.

Netlabel:
Enough Records Netlabel from fellow demoscener ps.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

No comments: