Thursday, December 13, 2007

The Journey - Prologue


Let me tell you of the secondary point of my blog. As you may have read in the title, I want to document my steps from being a videogame art enthusiast to...well, to where I may go.


Here's the point I'm at:

I quit the degree I was taking in order to pursue a better education and to point my forthcoming career in the right direction. After a time of indecision and a lot of experimentation I finally admitted to myself and to everybody else the path I want to take is in art for videogames.

I worked in the summer and I used that money to go to the London Game Career Fair, where I talked to people from some of the companies that made some of my favorite videogames and they answered a lot of my questions about careers in the area. I felt welcome there.

After I got back I started learning Maya again, this time a lot more motivated and the results started to show right away. Maybe I'll start showing the models here. I contacted some of the people I admire in order to seek advice and they were so kind I don't know to thank them properly. I have tried, though.

When the next year begins I'll start packing and a few days later I'm off to London again, this time to take an intensive 3D course in a good training place.

Then the real Journey begins.

No comments: