Monday, December 17, 2007

Polycount

Let me tell you about an online forum that I recently began frequenting. It's Polycount and it has taught me a lot of things just by reading some of the threads there. It's a forum focused on 3D for videogames and there seem to be a lot of people who really know a lot about it there. I only made a few posts there to get some constructive comments on a model I am doing and those guys helped me right from the start. That whole "sincerity" post came from that. The first comment I got there was a negative one and it was ok. I needed to "hear" that.

The adress is: http://boards.polycount.net/


To give you an idea of the relevant info existant there take a look at these:

The ultimate be-all end-all normal mapping thread
Color and Specular Maps

Oh man, the world needs more places like these. The world or the internet anyway...

No comments: