Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Engines


I have been spending a fair bit of time planning one of my next steps in terms of training for videogame models. Something I noticed in the forums I participate in or just occasionaly lurk, most people don't try to make models for integration in specific engines or games. I am not saying it is essencial but I face it as a nice way to train things like poly limits, texture resolution limitations and the most rewarding part...including them in the game and playing with them/blowing them up!

I found Unreal Tournament 3 Limited Edition in London for 20£ but it is a bit too much for my PC in terms of hardware so I am downscaling. Right now I am looking at Source Engine (Half-life 2, Counter-Strike Source), Unreal Engine 2 (Unreal Tournament 2004) and Gamebryo (Oblivion, Fallout 3).

Hopefully I'll create some models I'll be able to integrate in the engine I choose and go a bit further in my training.

1 comment:

Vlad said...

That's a nice idea.