Friday, May 23, 2008

Last-gen/Next-gen?

(Squirrel in Shepherd's Bush Green)

This week was intense. It made me rethink a lot of things I had taken tor granted in 3D and it made me work until late in the evening once again. I learned a lot about Ps2/Gamecube style graphics, about techniques like vertex lighting, tiling textures, UVs, poly counts, planar continuity, normals...I could just go on and on.

It was frustrating. I was really proud of everything in my model but as I got close to the end I understood how vertex lighting worked and had to redo most of it. I didn't finish in time. It's not a strict thing but it was a deadline I really intended to meet. It's another thing I wanted to improve. The teacher was really proud I didn't give up or restart the model and says I should finish it in my free time. I agree, it's too much to throw away.

Today I found out our class is visiting Blitz Games in two weeks. They asked us to bring the things we have been doing in the course and offered to ask our questions and show us their workspace.

In other news Vlad's daughter was born three days ago! Hooray for him!

No comments: