Monday, January 7, 2008

Chapter 1 Begins

(If you can't see the picture clearly, it's a recicling bin that says "Biffas". It was one of the first things I saw this morning and I thought it was hilarious. If you are portuguese you'll certainly get this.)

Well, the trip was smooth but the real trouble started after getting out of the airplane. I had pointed out that the bags were overweight and we had to pay 45 euros extra in Lisbon just because of that. In London I had to wait an hour for the first bus out (missed it for about five minutes while I was calling my parents) then after an hour and a half (Luton is outside London) I got on the underground.

I must remind you that I was carrying one 27 kg bag in one hand and an overweight pilot handbag (a Gamecube and my laptop inside with lots more) in the other, plus one bag with water and plug adaptors for the electricity and I was climbing stairs! Of course after two hours I was already feeling my arms were quite tired and in the end I admit it, I screamed a couple of times just by looking at stairs. Today I feel I was on an Olympic rowing competition and won first place.

Oh, and I must say I was kind of lost for a while (wich didn't help at all - more stairs). Nevertheless I got home and...I'll tell you the rest some other time. I got pictures too but right now I'm at Escape and I have no way of getting them in here.

2 comments:

Luís said...

Duuude já descobriste umas 'biffas' :D

É pah força ai na estadia e espero que aprendas bastantes coisas fixes !

(desculpa lá não estar a escrever em inglês:P)

Raistlin said...

Depois daquilo tenho visto o nome em todo o lado. Rio-me sempre.

Escreve em portugues se quiseres, no problem! Acaba por ser refrescante.