Tuesday, January 8, 2008

First Day



Yesterday I wrote about the arrival so today I'll write about the first day. For starters I woke up before the time and only had half an hour till the alarm clock would explode so I turned on the DS (I missed it, hadn't touched it for days) and turned on Chessmaster. Played about 6 chess games and lost them all. Hmm...I guess I hadn't played chess for a while too.
After leaving the house I felt like taking a picture and so I did. The sir who I am renting this room to appeared from the back and scared me, he looked amused.

Once again, kind of lost. I guess this is happening because I am not taking the underground, I am using the bus. It's way cheaper.

Walked around for half an hour but got there five minutes late. The breakfast was already gone. Those guys ate a lot and I hadn't taken breakfast because they said there would be food. They presented us to the main people there and separated us into the appropriate studios. I'm in studio 2 with the rest of the Maya Core guys. To my surprise the first guy I talked to was portuguese (but I couldn't have guessed because he said his name is Perseus). He quickly introduced me to the other two portuguese guys in the room (a Miguel and another Manuel).
The teacher is Gideon and he's one of the most organized people I've ever seen. He really understands Maya and its logic and really knows how to explain things. I do not regret choosing to take the Maya Core as well because this first day already taught me a lot I didn't know. I could find lunch in a mall for less than 2 pounds which is awesome.

When I got there I realized I had forgotten to bring a pen. No, not from the room. From Portugal. I brought a notepad though. I thought this was ironic until I found a guy who only brought a pen. Ha!

After a while I remembered the school PCs have internet so in the last 20 minute break I started checking my e-mails. I stayed there an hour later than the end of the class just to answer what I could.
Got lost again returning home because I thought I had missed the bus stop and left a few ones earlier. After walking for a while a guy told me the better way was to get into a bus and do the rest of the way like that. It's really humiliating but it's what I did.


I am trying out a new approach, writing these posts at home and just copying and pasting them into the blog when I'm at the studios. I am getting really sleepy now, this was a really tiring first day.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I just found out about your blog via prt.sc but anyway, all the best for your journey.

One thing, though, I had a look at your profile and... dude, Azambuja?!?! That's where I hail from! hahaha What are the odds?

Have fun.

Raistlin said...

On prt.sc? I have to search to see how it got there because I didn't apply this blog in.

oh, it was PRE! Thanks man!

Yeah, Azambuja. I mean, I was born in Lisbon and studied there in the secondary classes but my house has been near azambuja. Perhaps I even know you. In my profile did you recognize the picture? Now I'm curious too.

Unknown said...

No, I didn't. And you probably don't know me as well. I'm a bit older, 25.

Well, there's an easy way to see if you know me. Do you know any André who has a twin brother, aged 25, who lives near Azambuja, C. dos Britos?

Anyway, hit me up on my mail, don't want to takeover your post. :)

António said...

Tb cá vivo. Se precisares de alguma coisa manda-me um mail :)