Friday, January 4, 2008

WIP - Fanboy

When I decided I wanted to take this course and my parents supported me I immediately started learning the things they will be teaching me there. Why? Because I believe that a good warm-up is important and I want to be ready for everything.

My objective was to start learning Maya from scratch (for the second time, though I didn't know much in the first one) and to complete a 3D character that could be put into a videogame. I set a poly limit, drew a small sketch and started modeling.

Here's the sketch:
And this is the point where I left it (1750 tris):

And already close to Christmas I started the fan (and took off the lights):

There's still a long way to go, but I had never done something close to this. I had never layed down UVs, created a texture or even created a humanoid model. Painting textures is awesome, I really want to spend more time learning it.


I leave in two days, my posts will take some more time to appear here because I don't know what kind of internet connection I'll have (or even if I'll have it at home). Wish me luck.

No comments: